Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The obsession con... I mean the hobby continues...


So my neighbor was having a garage sale and I saw a bunch of motorcycles parked out front so I decided to go down there to check them out. I remember him riding around on a really clean old school Suzuki enduro that looked like fun. Unfortunately he wasn't selling that bike. He did have a pretty complete but kinda nasty looking little Yamaha 100 2-stroke enduro though. I talked to him for a few minutes and heard some of the prices he was selling stuff for and offered him $25.00 for the Yamaha. He took it. I rolled the bike home and have been messing with it a little bit here and there.

So then I'm on craigslist trolling for cheap bikes and I came across a neat little Yamaha DT 175 enduro. (Enduro's were really popular in the 70's they are basically an all purpose motorcycle that you can take on trails and on the street) I emailed the seller and eventually talked him down to a number we both could live with. Of course the guy lived BALLS DEEP (as billy and I like to call it) in the Bay Area. I couldn't sucker anyone to drive with me so I made the trek solo all the way up to.... Windsor CA. This is north of Santa Rosa. Anyway I test rode the bike, liked it, bought it. I included pics of both of my new acquisitions!

No comments:

Post a Comment